All rights reserved. Copyright © 2017 Inferret Limited.
Inferret Limited registered in England and Wales #6317852, VAT#927810806
Inferret Limited 支店１ 会社法人等番号 0109-03-001624
Voice Consulting – We Make Voice Work For You
2017 has been declared the Year of Voice by Forbes or at the CES, and voice technology is rapidly becoming a mega-trend in consumer technology because it changes the way we interact with machines. Just “talk and listen” to websites, cars, phones, databases, factory machines or household electronics, the same way you would ask a human servant to perform a task. Silicon Valley is betting big on voice, too, by releasing voice-assistants, devices and open voice-platforms. So voice is definitely something for you, too – we will show you exactly how.
Our Experts Know Voice from their HeartOur experts have deployed solutions on all major voice platforms in the market. Their voice systems are now being helping millions of drivers of Japanese cars, users of Korean phones, passengers of Tokyo metro and app users across the stores. We will walk you through all steps needed to making voice a new key feature of your product.
Our Consulting ServicesChoosing voice is a big decision with a high entry threshold – things will change drastically. The benefits of voice are plenty, but you’ll need to prepare and chose carefully how you do voice. Our consultants can help you rethinking hardware, software and user experience in terms of what’s best for your product.
- Design: In close collaboration with your UI designers and engineers, we determine the ideal specifications of a voice interface on top or instead of your current interface. We then lay out the individual requirements and implementation steps to realise this project.
- Customization: According to your specifications and your budget, we build customized voice solutions for all major platforms (see below), from scratch. We will also assist with the integration into your current software architecture, and with licensing and copyrighting procedures.
- Evaluation / Benchmarking: Don’t just rely on shiny sales slides: For a given market or product, we will use sophisticated metrics and unbiased evaluation methods to give you an objective and detailed idea how good (or bad) the voice solutions of your competitors really are.
Chosing the Best in a Jungle of Voice SuppliersSelecting a specific voice provider is not just about comparing prices – it’s selecting a philosophy: Every voice supplier has a different business model that deploys voice solutions in radically different hardware and software configurations and most important different customization processes, and obviously every voice supplier will advise you their own way of doing things is the best in the industry.
- Is the Google cloud voice API all we need?
- Our customers typically call from loud coffeeshops or driving cars – do we need to think about the noise?
- What are the benefits and risks of building a voice application on Amazon’s Echo?
- Can we just have the Pepper robot handle the communication?
- Is it possible to customize Apple’s Siri for my business?
- I want to cover a few key functions by voice on a small processor
- Do all voice recognition systems require Internet?
- Is there a way to access our server DB or server content by voice?
Customization of Your Voice SolutionA fatal and yet frequent assumption is that you can buy voice capability for your product “off the shelves”, or all you need to make a voice SDK work in your ecosystem is to add microphones and integrate the API. Actually, this assumption is likely to be the reason why the occasional voice interface here and then produces so terrible or even funny results. Make no mistake: The user experience and usability of voice in your product rises and falls with how carefully you customize your voice solution to the specific requirements. Why? Simply because every product requires specific utterances and words that people can say, and its individual decision flow how the device responds to something people said. Finding, designing and implementing these individual sets of linguistic data is the core part of customization, and it works different with every voice platform. Fortunately, many big voice suppliers leave you completely on your own when you get to the stage of customizing their voice SDK – or they charge you heaps of money for helping you. Our experts have extensive experience in building voice solutions for a wide range of industries with the major voice SDKs on the market, and they will sit down with you from start to end to make sure your voice interface works well. Among others, we do the following customizations:
- build a skill for Alexa/Echo
- enable Siri-voice functionality in iOS apps
- design a dialogue for Pepper/NaoQi
- optimize integration of Google API into a dialog framework
- build a complete voice solution in the Nuance framework